CONNECTING WOMEN IN IP
“Our goal in forming this group is to bring together all women who work in the IP field in Chicago to help them enhance their practices and skill sets, and to provide a forum for the many successful women IP lawyers in the city to give back to their colleagues and to the community.”
–Kara E.F. Cenar, an Officer and founding member of ChiWIP
and leader of the IP Practice Group at Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.
- Mon, Jun 20Chicago
- Tue, Jun 14Revival Food HallJun 14, 12:30 PM CDT – Jun 15, 1:30 PM CDTRevival Food Hall, 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USAWe decided to take advantage of the opportunity to meet up for lunch downtown now that more people are returning to work. Join us for lunch if you plan on going to the office, or if you’re still working from home and just want to get away from your “desk.”
- Wed, May 25ZoomMay 25, 12:00 PM CDTZoomPlease join us on May 25 at 12:00 p.m. CT for a Mentoring Circle discussion focusing on mentorship of younger attorneys in a hybrid environment. The discussion will explore the unique opportunities and challenges in serving as and seeking a mentor that arise from the hybrid environment.
- Thu, May 12Online EventMay 12, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDTOnline EventChiWIP will host an information session virtually on May 12 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. Please join us for a chance to ask questions and to learn more about the committees and plans for the 2022-2023 committee term. New applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Tue, Mar 29Peloton AppMar 29, 6:30 PM CDTPeloton AppJoin ChiWIP in celebrating Women's History Month by working up a sweat to an all female artist playlist! The event is open to all who have access to the Peloton app. Please use the #ChiWIP hashtag on your Peloton profile and RSVP to Kahlia Halpern at email@example.com.
- Tue, Mar 08ZoomMar 08, 6:00 PMZoomThe Outreach Committee, along with the ChiWIP Student Ambassadors, is excited to bring back our virtual networking and trivia event for a second year! We will begin with 30 minutes of team trivia (focused on Chicago, Women and IP), and then be divided into breakout networking groups.
- Fri, Feb 11Peloton AppFeb 11, 12:00 PM – Feb 12, 12:30 PMPeloton AppCelebrate Galentine's Day early with the ChiWIP Social & Networking Committee! Join us for a quick 30-minute ride over the lunch hour! Add #ChiWIP to your profile to find other ChiWIP members riding. The event is free and open to anyone with the Peloton App.
- Tue, Jan 25Microsoft Teams Virtual PlatformJan 25, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CSTMicrosoft Teams Virtual PlatformJoin ChiWIP for a discussion about virtual litigation. The conversation will focus on considerations prior to a virtual proceeding, strategies for preparation, use of technology, and presentation style that can ensure that you are well prepared for virtual advocacy.
- Sat, Jan 22ChicagoJan 22, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM CSTChicago, 5151 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60640, USAJoin us at Lakeview Pantry to pack Home Delivery bags with food and help load up cars that will make the deliveries. Lakeview Pantry asks that volunteers wear close-toed shows and comfortable clothing. We will be asked to pack and move boxes throughout the shift.
WHO WE ARE
Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP) is a networking and mentoring group committed to the connection, promotion and success of professional Chicago women in all stages of practice of every facet of IP law.
Through regularly scheduled events, we offer seminars, knowledge sharing, career resources, and leadership opportunities for personal and professional development. ChiWIP provides a forum for women professionals in the field of intellectual property to share their successes and challenges with other women more openly than they might with colleagues at their own firms.