CONNECTING WOMEN IN IP
“Our goal in forming this group is to bring together all women who work in the IP field in Chicago to help them enhance their practices and skill sets, and to provide a forum for the many successful women IP lawyers in the city to give back to their colleagues and to the community.”
–Kara E.F. Cenar, an Officer and founding member of ChiWIP
and leader of the IP Practice Group at Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.
- Tue, Feb 28Taste 222Feb 28, 12:00 PM CST – Mar 01, 1:30 PM CSTTaste 222, 222 N Canal St, Chicago, IL 60606, USACelebrate Black History Month and join ChiWIP for lunch at Taste 222, a Black-owned restaurant known for upscale American cuisine with a Southern twist. Lunch is pay-your-own way. Space is limited so please reserve your spot by February 21.
- Wed, Mar 22Online
- Thu, Jan 19Online
- Tue, Dec 13Christkindlmarket ChicagoDec 13, 2022, 12:00 PM CST – Dec 14, 2022, 1:00 PM CSTChristkindlmarket Chicago, 50 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602, USAJoin the ChiWIP social committee for another Christkindlmarket meet up! We will meet at the Daley Plaza at noon to browse the market and pick up some hot food and beverages. Dress warmly! This event is outside. All meals and beverages will be purchased by individual attendees separately.
- Wed, Dec 07Time Out Market ChicagoDec 07, 2022, 5:30 PM CSTTime Out Market Chicago, 916 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607, USAJoin ChiWIP for another social hour (or two!) at Time Out Market in the Fulton Market District! We will grab a few tables in the food hall space. Attendees can purchase food or drink from the vendors inside the Market space. Grab a cocktail and some bites and come join us!
- Tue, Dec 06Reed Smith LLP
- Thu, Nov 03Online Event
- Thu, Nov 03The candle sale will run through 12/15/22Nov 03, 2022, 12:34 PM – Dec 15, 2022, 12:00 PMThe candle sale will run through 12/15/22ChiWIP is partnering with Bright Endeavors again for a candle sale to support the young moms at Bright Endeavors. Bright Endeavors is a social enterprise of young moms. Its approach puts families experiencing poverty in control of their goals and unleashes their potential.
- Thu, Oct 27Dress for Success Worldwide Central
- Tue, Oct 11Michael Best & Friedrich LLP | #Ste 3200Oct 11, 2022, 3:00 PM CDT – Oct 12, 2022, 5:00 PM CDTMichael Best & Friedrich LLP | #Ste 3200, 444 W Lake St, Chicago, IL 60606, USAPlease join us for a 45-minute talk on the counterfeit issues brands face in Europe and the appropriate actions to take. Learn more about navigating the various cultures and languages and how they play a role in fighting the pirates efficiently and effectively!
- Wed, Oct 05Bartelme (Mary) Park
- Thu, Sep 29Microsoft TeamsSep 29, 2022, 12:00 PM – Sep 30, 2022, 1:00 PMMicrosoft TeamsJoin ChiWIP for a discussion about fertility and family planning in a post-Dobbs world. The conversation will focus on considerations that we, as female attorneys and professionals, will face and contemplate as we plan for and make decisions about having families.
- Thu, Sep 08Willis Tower - Outdoor TerraceSep 08, 2022, 12:30 PM – Sep 09, 2022, 2:00 PMWillis Tower - Outdoor Terrace, 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USAJoin ChiWIP for another food hall luncheon - this time at Willis Tower. Pick up your favorite meal from the food hall and join us outside on the beautiful 4th floor terrace of Willis Tower.
WHO WE ARE
Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP) is a networking and mentoring group committed to the connection, promotion and success of professional Chicago women in all stages of practice of every facet of IP law.
Through regularly scheduled events, we offer seminars, knowledge sharing, career resources, and leadership opportunities for personal and professional development. ChiWIP provides a forum for women professionals in the field of intellectual property to share their successes and challenges with other women more openly than they might with colleagues at their own firms.