CONNECTING WOMEN IN IP
“Our goal in forming this group is to bring together all women who work in the IP field in Chicago to help them enhance their practices and skill sets, and to provide a forum for the many successful women IP lawyers in the city to give back to their colleagues and to the community.”
–Kara E.F. Cenar, an Officer and founding member of ChiWIP
and leader of the IP Practice Group at Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.
- Thu, Sep 29Microsoft TeamsSep 29, 12:00 PM – Sep 30, 1:00 PMMicrosoft TeamsJoin ChiWIP for a discussion about fertility and family planning in a post-Dobbs world. The conversation will focus on considerations that we, as female attorneys and professionals, will face and contemplate as we plan for and make decisions about having families.
- Wed, Oct 05Bartelme (Mary) Park
- Tue, Oct 11Michael Best & Friedrich LLP | #Ste 3200Oct 11, 3:00 PM CDT – Oct 12, 5:00 PM CDTMichael Best & Friedrich LLP | #Ste 3200, 444 W Lake St, Chicago, IL 60606, USAPlease join us for a 45-minute talk on the counterfeit issues brands face in Europe and the appropriate actions to take. Learn more about navigating the various cultures and languages and how they play a role in fighting the pirates efficiently and effectively!
- Thu, Oct 27Dress for Success Worldwide Central
- Thu, Nov 03Online Event
- Please submit your application by 10/14Online EventPlease submit your application by 10/14Online EventWe are looking for volunteers to be Law School Ambassadors to help ChiWIP better engage with law students in Chicago and the surrounding area. Responsibilities will primarily involve email communications with the students from the ambassador’s law school to encourage attendance in ChiWIP events.
- Thu, Sep 08Willis Tower - Outdoor Terrace
- Wed, Jul 27ChicagoJul 27, 4:30 PM CDT – Jul 28, 6:30 PM CDTChicago, 11 W. Riverwalk South, Chicago, IL 60601, USAJoin us for happy hour on July 27th if you plan on going to the office, or if you're still working from home and just want to get away from your "desk." Riverwalk Wine Garden offers a welcoming space to relax and unwind with a glass of wine in a beautiful setting along the river.
- Mon, Jun 20Chicago
- Tue, Jun 14Revival Food HallJun 14, 12:30 PM CDT – Jun 15, 1:30 PM CDTRevival Food Hall, 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USAWe decided to take advantage of the opportunity to meet up for lunch downtown now that more people are returning to work. Join us for lunch if you plan on going to the office, or if you’re still working from home and just want to get away from your “desk.”
- Wed, May 25ZoomMay 25, 12:00 PM CDTZoomPlease join us on May 25 at 12:00 p.m. CT for a Mentoring Circle discussion focusing on mentorship of younger attorneys in a hybrid environment. The discussion will explore the unique opportunities and challenges in serving as and seeking a mentor that arise from the hybrid environment.
- Thu, May 12Online EventMay 12, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDTOnline EventChiWIP will host an information session virtually on May 12 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. Please join us for a chance to ask questions and to learn more about the committees and plans for the 2022-2023 committee term. New applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
WHO WE ARE
Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP) is a networking and mentoring group committed to the connection, promotion and success of professional Chicago women in all stages of practice of every facet of IP law.
Through regularly scheduled events, we offer seminars, knowledge sharing, career resources, and leadership opportunities for personal and professional development. ChiWIP provides a forum for women professionals in the field of intellectual property to share their successes and challenges with other women more openly than they might with colleagues at their own firms.